Prince Harry’s Day at Ground Zero New York City

The Royal Prince and the Afghan War Hero Prince Harry went straight to the New York’s Ground Zero after flying out for his first Official Visit to US. frontline hero Prince Harry bows his head at New York’s Ground Zero where almost 3,000 people died on 9/11.

According to the The Sun Newspaper report, He pinned a wreath to a wire fence where the Twin Towers once stood. A handwritten card paid tribute to the People of the city and especailly for the victims.

It was written, “In respectful memory of those who lost their lives on September 11th, 2001, and admiration of the courage shown by the people of this great city on that day.”

The prince also met families of the victims and firemen who lost comrades. Prince Harry also planted a tree “Magnolia” named “Elizabeth” at downtown Manhattan memorial garden in memory of the 67 Brits who perished.

In the afternoon, accompanied by a British soldier, Joe Townsend, 21, who lost his legs in Afghanistan, toured the Veterans Affairs Hospital on East 23rd Street. He visited a prosthetics section, shaking the artificial hand of a gulf war veteran, Paul Yarbrough, and jokingly wincing at the strong grip: “Owww!”

On Saturday morning, Harry is scheduled to visit the Harlem Children’s Zone with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, a kingdom-enclave within South Africa, who is his co-patron in a charity called Sentebale.

And in the afternoon, the prince, an accomplished polo player, is to take part in a match on Governors Island sponsored by Veuve Clicquot, the Champagne label, with proceeds going to American Friends of Sentebale.

He plans to leave for home right after the match. The schedule left little time for personal amusement which seemed to be the point.

Monica Iken, 39 widowed on 9/11 said, “Because of his service in Afghanistan he has a personal link to Ground Zero and it means so much to us that he has come.”

“It’s easy to be rude to the royal family but they’ve been hugely supportive,” said Alex Clarke of London, who lost her 30-year-old daughter, Suria, an employee of Cantor Fitzgerald, in the trade center attack.